Sunday, August 12, 2007

Tim Fish rocks!

Many of you know that I am geek when it comes to animation or comics. I have not grown up on western comics though as those were unavailable during the communist regime in Czechoslovakia when I was a kid. But I was a big reader of all the ABC comics they published and those were great!

So, I could not resist yesterday while stopping at the Loewenherz bookshop to have a look through the comics section... and I have found a gem - Tim Fish's Cavalcade of Boys! I have actually only bought it because of the cute guys on the cover and the art... but it surprisingly is full of great characters, rich stories and overreaching arcs which connect these together. Bravo, Tim!

While reading the book, I actually had two or three flashes of truth... I have seen myself in one or two of these characters... and eventually wished, I would be in their shoes sometimes. ;)

For those of you, who would like to get to know more about Tim or his work, just have a look at his webpage: www.timfishworks.com.

Currently listening to the soundtrack of Kinky Boots.

No comments: