Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I love youtube!

I do. I love youtube. It has the music I like to listen to, it provides the internet with a feeling of uniqueness and individuality. People are represented. I know, most of it is show-off and entertainment but I love the small pieces of gems scattered within the mess... Like videos from geriatric1927, a 79-year old man who is mostly telling stories from his life. He very much resembles my grandmother (mother side) in this matter. She is also telling me stories of her childhood and youth. Very much about what she has gone through and how it did affect her. Of course, she sometimes tells the same stories a couple of times but it is always an honor to be able to listen to her. I am already thinking about buying her a small recording device to record these things just to preserve those for the future...

Another thing, I do use youtube for is playing music. Just several weeks ago, I was totally obsessed with Jacques Brell's song Ne me quitte pas and right now, I am almost crying while looking at the video of Eric Prydz remix of Call on me. It is a jem! :) Btw, there is also a extremely funny anti-AIDS campaign commercial aimed at the male gay community. I could not stop laughing the first time, I have seen this. You may also find the hetero pendant to it but it just isn't as well done as this one...

Btw, I have just received word today that some of my loyal readership is not interested into my computer geekiness... well, boys, I am sorry... but that was only the beginning... I still want to write down the precise set up instructions for my linux as it is sometimes quite hard to find those somewhere else... in the end, I am doing this not for me but for people who are looking for these instructions on the web... :) Other than that, I am looking forward to get to understand linux more and more... I have also started with some evangelism and translated two main pages of opensuse wiki into Slovak. Six other pages to go until the language receives a full support status! :)

Currently listening to: Eric Prydz - Call On Me.

No comments: