Sunday, March 26, 2006

Desperate... but still content?

It is a weird feeling... I partly feel desperate and would love to ass-kick myself million times, however partly I feel content and calm. I cannot really come up with an explanation for this comic co-habitat of those two very contrast feelings, maybe the co-existence of those two is possible due to the fact that I precisely know where they originate.

The desperation comes from my weak preparation for the exam I should be taking tomorrow. I mean, I am not clueless, however do not feel competent enough to take it. Sure I will go, at least I get a glimpse of how it is constructed and get a feeling for it next time, however I feel a cognitive dissonance (yup, that is one of the fancy words I am learning for my exam currently) growing in me and feel my selfesteem getting lower than ever... Maybe I need to watch a episode of Daria in Esteemers. *g* Ok, no. I need the time for my studying.

My other part is content and calm thanks to several issues: I have just eaten and it was wonderful (never underestimate your stomach!), I know I can complete the exam the next time, I have got to know somebody special and I fell in love a bit. (Yes, I am also shocked!)

Let's take the things one after the other... Today, I have attended a brunch with my friends from AIESEC. It was good, very friendly, and I did some socializing with the next generation of LC Vienna's EB-potentials... The brunch was at Weltcafe and here are some impressions from it:




Now, as I really cook like a miracle since the last two days, I have decided to go on and do something new today... Let me present, ladies and gentlemen: Strapačky! A very traditional Slovak meal, which actually is potatoe-based dumplings with sourkraut and bacon (here substituted with sausage-pieces).



Yes, yes... I know, some of you would love to know something more about me falling in love currently... yeah, something like that is indeed happening... and as you know, it always comes mostly unexpected. T is a great guy from Germany, who has been to Vienna last week and well... we met, we looked into each others eyes... and... hell yeah, it happened. *g*
That's it for now, more details next time. :)

Currently listening to Antonio Carlos Jobim's Agua de Beber from his great compilation of bossanova songs which I would certainly love to dance to with somebody... ;)

No comments: