Saturday, March 25, 2006

Three toques... at least!

I have made my way up to the stellar heights of the award-winning cooks by creating great stuff yesterday for supper and today for lunch. Geb (my flat-share mate) tells me, I should receive at least two and a half toques for my cooking skills! :) And I am just being happy that my friends enjoy what I cook for them.

Especially today, I made a real effort to produce the best boršč ever! My mum told me to substitute some of the ingeriences, so I have not been using real veal bones to cook but a buillon and also did not use vinegar but sourkraut, which made the whole thing even more juicy!


For those, who are not fluent in Eastern European (this time, Russian) kitchen, Boršč is a meat-and-vegetables soup, very thick and rather sweet-sour, reddish through the usage of beetroot. And... extremely tasty!

Here are some impressions before and after the cooking:



Currently listening to Madonna's I love New York on her latest album Confessions on a dance floor

No comments: