Saturday, November 11, 2006

Gordon just gives me chills

I have seen Rent in Cleveland about two and a half years ago. And I wasn't really astouned by it. The story seemed to be rather choppy, too many characters to focus on, the main story arc too simple and weak to hold it all.

But I found the new feature adaptation of the musical very well done. My favourite piece is the one in life support, where Gordon, one of the guys complains about his T-cells... His solo gets me chills! He is so good! And it is a brilliant piece of music...

Look - I find some of what you teach suspect
Because I'm used to relying on intellect
But I try to open up to what I don't know

Because reason says I should have died
Three years ago.


For all those, who did not see it... There is a small bit of it at YouTube. Go and get it! :)

Listening to: Rent, The Original Broadway Cast

No comments: